Distressed wood flooring adds instant charm.
Distressed wood flooring provides a unique and rustic look to any room. From hand-scraped edges to footworn boards to saw kerf marks, distressed wood flooring recreates the authentic, aged appearance of historic wood floors that were cut and installed before the advent of modern woodworking techniques.
A leading North American supplier of new and reclaimed wood floors, Carlisle Wide Plank Floors provides distressed wood flooring that is individually hand-crafted to achieve the exact look you desire.
Learn more about distressed wood flooring at Carlisle.
Get Carlisle distressed wood flooring in a choice of woods and colors.
Carlisle Wide Plank Floors is a leading specialist in wide plank hardwood flooring. Carlisle offers a wide range of flooring choices, from unfinished or prefinished hardwood flooring, and new or reclaimed flooring in a variety of woods including chestnut, heart pine, maple and oak wood flooring.
Carlisle’s distressed wood flooring is created one board at a time using a variety of techniques to achieve a look that is centuries old:
- Hand-scraped edges. Each wood plank is distressed by gently scraping the edges, recreating the centuries-old process of smoothing the transitions in the flooring.
- Hit or miss. Adding saw swirl markings, or kerfs, that replicate the marks of early sawmills.
- Watermill. With the watermill technique, boards are distressed by adding saw marks and then softening the texture to recreate the look of boards rough sawn at riverside water mills.
- Footworn. This technique recreates the distinctive undulating patterns that occur when floors are walked on and softer grains are worn away to reveal denser grains beneath.
- Brushed. This unique treatment uses specially designed brushes to de-gloss and unsmooth boards, giving them a soft and gently worn texture.
A variety of other distressed and new wood flooring.
In addition to custom distressed wood flooring, Carlisle provides reclaimed and >antique wood floor products as well as new wide plank floors. Reclaimed products include heart pine, chestnut and oak hardwood flooring, as well as Reclaimed Milled Barnwood, Original Surface Milled Barnwood and “Grandpa’s Floor” – a uniquely rustic flooring taken from the original floor boards of old buildings, with the original saw kerfs, stains and watermarks preserved. New floors include ash, birch, cherry, hickory, white and brown maple, walnut and red and white oak hardwood floors.
Learn more now about distressed wood flooring.
For more information, Request a Catalog or Request a Quote.