Choose antique flooring for character and charm.
Antique flooring, also known as reclaimed flooring, is crafted from salvaged timbers that were cut and sawn by hand, and used to construct family homes, barns or factories during the 19th century. An antique floor will reveal original nail holes, stains and knots and other character that will bring a rustic look to any space and offer a direct connection to history.
Carlisle Wide Plank Floors is one of the nation's top suppliers of antique flooring offering a range of antique flooring products as well as expert design and installation assistance.
Carlisle is the most requested supplier of antique flooring.
When you choose Carlisle Wide Plank Floors, you have a great variety of flooring options to choose from:
- Grandpa's Wood Floor is one of our most rustic recycled wood floors. Created from the floor joists and floor boards of old buildings, Grandpa's Wood Floor has a primitive beauty with rich pumpkin tones and deep charcoal hues that are accented by original watermarks, saw kerfs and stains.
- Milled Barnwood floors – a mix of Hemlock, Spruce and Red and White Pine – offer rich, warm comfort that only the passage of time can create. In rich auburns, yellows and nutty browns, these antique floors celebrate the imperfections in the wood.
- Antique Oak features eclectic figuring and prominent grain that help give each oak wood floor a distinguished Old World look.
- Antique Heart Pine flooring, from the beams and floor joists of old mills and factories, has a rich patina of deep amber and pumpkin hues and is offered in three distinctive grades.
- Antique Chestnut flooring, in rich light brown and darker cocoa colors, has unique wormhole markings resulting from a blight in the early 20th century, when bugs feasted on the dying trees.
- Original Surface Milled Barnwood has a primitive, weathered look and is used for wall and ceiling paneling.
Wide plank antique and new flooring provides more beauty and fewer seams.
Carlisle's wide plank new and reclaimed wood floor products add character and charm to any space. Wider, longer planks mean fewer seams in the floor, giving the room a cleaner and more spacious feel. Wider planks retain more of the character of the wood as well, allowing as much as 200 years of growth to show through. Harvested from sustainable forests, Carlisle flooring products can be installed on radiant heat, concrete slab, waterfront or mountain homes, in any room size.