Carlisle antique wood flooring delivers rustic character.
Nothing gives a room more character or charm then antique wood flooring from Carlisle Wide Plank Floors. Antique wood flooring is created from salvaged wood taken from older buildings. Originally cut to be floor boards, beams and paneling in warehouses, barns and other structures, these antique timbers retain the rustic character of their first use. Each antique wood plank is singular and will reveal original nail holes, watermarks and saw kerfs, or some can be milled for a more finished look. Carlisle offers antique flooring in a range of woods and a variety of looks.
Types of antique wood flooring.
Carlisle Wide Plank Floors is one of the leading providers of wide plank flooring products. When you come to Carlisle for antique wood flooring, you can choose from:
- Antique Heart Pine flooring is reclaimed from factories and mills constructed during the American Industrial Revolution. Each Antique Heart Pine floor features colors of rich amber to pumpkin hues and the occasional nail holes, worm holes and saw kerfs that help create a one-of-a-kind wood floor.
- Antique Chestnut features unique wormhole markings create by insects that fed on the trees during a blight in the early 20th century. Antique Chestnut wood flooring will have prominent grain and markings in colors from dark cocoa to light brown.
- Antique Oak flooring has an Old World look, with strong grain and eclectic figuring and colors from nutty brown to amber to gold.
- Grandpa's Wood Floor is fashioned from the floor boards and structural joists of historic buildings. These boards are cleaned, inspected and minimally milled to preserve the original stains, saw kerfs and watermarks.
- Milled Barnwood, another rustic flooring option, features water stains, cracks, splits and nail holes in colors that run from yellow to auburn to rich, nutty brown.
- Original Surface Milled Barnwood, used for wall and ceiling paneling, has a strongly weathered look in colors from brown to grey.
More antique and new wood flooring options.
Distressed flooring is a new flooring product that offers the look of antique hardwood flooring. Carlisle's expert craftsman use a variety of techniques to give a new floor many of the characteristics of antique wood floors, including saw kerfs, hand-scraped edges, and the footworn quality that otherwise takes years to create.