From luxury homes to commercial interiors, browse an extensive collection of the wide plank flooring that we have designed and crafted for clients all over the world. Find inspiration then save it to your own personal library of images to share for further design exploration and planning.
Quick Tips for Protecting the Hardwood Floors in Your Bathrooms
Kids + Tubs = Puddles
A question we often hear from clients is, “Can I install my wood floors in a bathroom? What if I have kids splish-splashing around in the tub?”
At Carlisle, we believe that kids should be free to be kids and we believe that your design should not be limited by a potential puddle scare. We say – go for it! Whether it’s the Master Bath, a full Bath, or a half – keep your options open when it comes to your design.
If you’re going to be installing or updating a bath, these beneath the surfaces tricks can go a long ways:
- Use a two-in-one moisture barrier adhesive when installing your flooring for added protection against moisture absorption.
- If you are replacing your sub-floor, look into the wax impregnated OSB board, such as Adventec, as this will help seal moisture out.
If you’re already living on your floors, here are some things you can do to ensure they stay beautiful, bath after bath:
- Use your exhaust and/or ceiling fans. The number one threat to wood floors is moisture in the air. Keep those fans cycling and they’ll whisk away the moisture before it settles into your floor.
- Don’t let the puddles sit. Spills happen! As long as you wipe up excess water, it won’t penetrate into the subfloor.
- Bath Mats and Throw Rugs are more than just fashion – they’re function too. Use them!
There’s so much more beneath the surface of Carlisle’s wide planks. Our floors are naturally sustainable and hand selected from reserved timber batches honoring the oldest, tallest, and most durable trees of the forest. Once our Artisans begin crafting your floor, about twenty pairs of hands will touch every single board. If you want the keys to a world class mill that is personally devoted to bringing your design to life, we welcome you to begin your flooring journey with us today.
– – – – – –