Three Design Styles for Light Floors
It is officially summer! It is a time to let in the summer sun, brighten up your interiors and create comfortable, casual interior spaces that everyone can enjoy.
When decorating for summer, many people turn to lighter colors and shades especially with their flooring selection. Although it may seem “trendy” light floors are incredibly versatile and timeless, so even if you change the color, style around the floor, the floor will still look beautiful.
Today, lets look at some different styles of light wood floors. You’ll find hues like white, cream, beige, and grey – think linen, cotton and other neutral tones inspired by the earth. These colors are inspired by naturalists, seaside enthusiasts, and modern stylists who like things sleek and sexy.
POPULAR INTERIOR STYLES
Light wood floors can suit many different types of interior design styles, some of the most popular include:
- Sleek lines, and minimalist décor and furniture love the neutral, soft shades of a light floor.
- Shabby Chic
- Characterized by white and linen hues, traditionally accented by pastel textiles and weathered furniture.
- Intended to make rooms appear brighter and bigger for Eastern European spaces cloaked in darkness a majority of the year.
3 DESIGN ADVANTAGES
Light wood floors can have a big impact on the overall aesthetic of a room.
- Lighten and brighten the space
- Make a space feel bigger no matter the size
- Hide dust, dirt, and dog hair
- Perfect for busy, active homes
- Create a neutral backdrop
- Versatile design possibilities
Just like your favorite white blouse, light floors are going to be sensitive to dirt and spills. Regular cleaning can help offset dirt, debris and spills that may occur.
Finding the right floor for your project should be easy no matter what time of year it is, or what style you want. Contact us at smartfloorstore.com today to talk with a Specialist and find The perfect look, and the perfect floor.