Talk with us today about your project. We make it easy to browse, design, select and plan for your new wide plank floors with your own personal Carlisle Wide Plank Specialist.
Customizing your engineered Hickory flooring.
With Carlisle, customizing your engineered Hickory flooring is as easy as customizing any solid wood floor.
• Choose a color. Engineered Hickory flooring can be finished to virtually any color, including light applications like Whitewash or our Blacksmith staying for smoky and dark Hickory flooring.
• Add some texture. Distressing your floor with handcrafted surface treatments can make a new floor look like an original Hickory floor. Brushed, Footworn or handscraped Hickory flooring add a look of age and time-worn beauty to your engineered floor.
• Select a grade. Carlisle offers engineered Hickory flooring into grades. Our Heirloom grade features fewer knots and variation in natural character, while our Signature grade provides more organic features, such as mineral streaking and ingrown bark
• Decide on width. Engineered Hickory flooring is available in boards that range from 4” to 10” wide. Choosing consistent widths provides a more uniform look, while mixing widths adds visual variety.
• Pick a pattern. Patterns like Chevron or Herringbone add distinctive elegance to engineered Hickory flooring Carlisle offers both unfinished and prefinished Hickory flooring, in addition to engineered flooring options.
How is engineered Hickory flooring made?
Carlisle engineered Hickory flooring is made with boards that feature a Hickory veneer cut from the best and most mature Hickory timber. The wear layer is4mm thick to extend the life of the floor and allow for multiple sandings and refinishings if needed. The backing of a Carlisle engineered floor is made from 9 to 11 layers of Baltic Birch which contributes to greater stability, performance and longevity
What is the difference between solid and engineered Hickory flooring?
Solid Hickory flooring is made with boards cut from a single piece of Hickory hardwood. Engineered flooring uses multiple layers of wood that are glued together to form a board that is more resistant to changes in humidity, moisture and temperature. Because Carlisle engineered Hickory flooring uses a top layer of the finest Hickory hardwood, our engineered floors look and feel identical to our solid wood floors.
How durable is engineered Hickory flooring?
Engineered Hickory flooring from Carlisle is highly durable and designed for rooms where there may be greater changes in humidity, temperature and moisture levels. The multiple layers of wood in engineered Hickory flooring help to keep the floor from expanding or contracting as humidity and temperatures rise and fall.
When is it appropriate to use engineered Hickory flooring?
Engineered Hickory flooring is best used in higher humidity environments and in rooms below ground level, like basements, where normal changes in humidity and temperature might otherwise cause solid wood floors to expand and contract dramatically. Engineered flooring is also ideal for installation over concrete slabs and radiant heating systems. In rooms where the relative humidity consistently falls below 30% for long periods of time, a solid wood floor is a better option.
Carlisle wide plank floors: the #1 source for engineered Hickory flooring.
Carlisle has been an innovator in wide plank flooring since 1966, and our premium engineered wide plank flooring continues this tradition. Our engineered Hickory flooring looks and feels identical to our solid wood floors because both are made of the highest quality materials. We selectively harvest wood from areas where Hickory grows best and cut each board from the center of the log, never from the limbs. The wood is cured in a 4- to 12-month process that includes both air and kiln drying, and our engineered Hickory flooring has a higher heart content in every board for greater stability and appearance. At Carlisle, our customer service is as legendary as our extraordinary wide plank floors. Our team works diligently to manage every detail and to ensure that the process of selecting and designing your engineered Hickory flooring is as pleasurable as living with the final product in your home or business.