Talk with us today about your project. We make it easy to browse, design, select and plan for your new wide plank floors with your own personal Carlisle Wide Plank Specialist.
What is high-quality wide plank hardwood flooring?
Wide plank floors like those from Carlisle are an excellent example of high-quality hardwood flooring. Wide plank floors are made with boards that may be as much as 20” wide and 16’ long. Compare that to standard commercial flooring with boards that are nor more than 3” wide and 4’ long and you’ll quickly see the difference between wide plank and traditional floors. Wide planks allow the beauty and personality of the wood and its grain to emerge on every floorboard, and they give the room a greater sense of spaciousness and luxury. Standard commercial floors, in contrast, feel cluttered and busy because they contain far more seams between boards.
Why should I choose high-quality hardwood flooring over a standard commercial floor?
Customers who choose high-quality hardwood flooring understand that the choice of flooring can be as important to design as wall color, window coverings, furniture and art. High-quality hardwood flooring makes a stunning visual statement and can become a central part of the aesthetic of a business or residence.
Choosing the wood for your high-quality hardwood flooring.
When designing high-quality hardwood flooring, your first decision is the type of wood to use. Carlisle offers 10 hardwood species:
• Ash hardwood flooring is amazingly dense and comes in hues from cream to light blonde to rich nutty brown hues.
• Birch floors have a dramatic beauty with boards that feature blonde outer edges and warm amber portions, along with grain patterns that range from highly figured flames to subtle swirls.
• Brown Maple floors feature hues of rich gold, amber and brown as well as subtle and consistent grain patterns.
• Cherry floors have a burnished auburn color paired with subtle but distinctive flowing grain patterns.
• Hickory is one of the strongest floors with strength rivals steel and hues from lighter blonde sapwood to cocoa brown and beige heartwood.
• Red oak hardwood flooring has deep, salmon tones and comes in exceptional widths and lengths.
• Walnut offers rich chocolate/mocha hues with surprising auburn undertones and complex grain patterns.
• White Maple delivers strikingly beautiful grain patterns that resemble flowing water, along with clean and lighter hues for a more neutral finish.
• White Oak it is a versatile and dense wood with dramatic grain patterns that range from simple and sleek lines to vibrant swirls.
• Rift & Quartersawn White Oak floorboards are cut with special techniques that produce straight parallel lines in the grain with vibrant ray flecks that radiate across each board. Carlisle also provides 3 types of Pine floors and 6 types of reclaimed wood floors with timber that has been salvage from centuries-old buildings.
Why come to Carlisle for high quality hardwood flooring?
The one thing that sets Carlisle apart from every other producer of high-quality hardwood flooring: exceptional quality. For more than five decades, the Carlisle name has represented leadership, tradition and innovation in custom wood floors. Each of our floors is a one-of-a-kind, handcrafted masterpiece, created to be a perfect reflection of the home or business owner’s sense of style and beauty. A Carlisle floor is not just a surface to walk on in – it’s a stunning design feature that adds elegance and luxury to your space and sets the stage for your home or business life. Our commitment to extraordinary customer service is as legendary as our floors. From guiding you through the many decisions involved in creating your floor to helping you customize it with color, texture, pattern and more, our team is constantly available to answer your questions and ensure every detail meets your high standards and ours.