Talk with us today about your project. We make it easy to browse, design, select and plan for your new wide plank floors with your own personal Carlisle Wide Plank Specialist.
What is wide plank prefinished Oak flooring?
Wide plank prefinished Oak flooring is an Oak hardwood floor with floorboards that are significantly wider than standard commercial flooring, and which is sanded, stained and sealed before delivery to a jobsite. Wide plank floors use boards that are typically 5″ to 12″ wide and up to 12′ long. In contrast to commercial flooring (which uses boards that are no more than 3″ wide and 4′ long), a wide plank floor will look much less busy and will make any room seem bigger. Wide plank Oak flooring also allows the personality and interesting grain patterns of the White or Red Oak hardwood to be revealed on each plank.
What are the advantages of prefinished Oak flooring?
Prefinished Oak flooring enables home or business owners to:
- Avoid the mess of sanding floors on site, which typically covers everything with a fine layer of sawdust.
- Avoid the noxious odors of stains and sealants.
Eliminate the need to vacate the home or business for a day or more while the sealants are applied and have time to dry.
- Reduce the time required for installation.
- Lower the cost of installation.
Beyond prefinished Oak flooring: other options for Carlisle floors.
While wide plank prefinished Oak flooring is a highly popular option for new floors in residential and commercial settings, Carlisle also offers a variety of other hardwood, pine and reclaimed floors.
- Ash floors are quite dense and feature color tones that range from cream to light blonde and rich nutty brown hues.
- Birch floorboards have blonde outer edges and warm amber portions, with grain patterns that feature everything from highly figured flames to subtle swirls.
- Brown Maple floors come in hues of rich gold, amber and brown along with subtle and consistent grain patterns.
- Cherry floorboards pair hues of burnished auburn with subtle but distinctive flowing grain patterns.
- Hickory is among the hardest floors and features hues that run from lighter blonde sapwood to cocoa brown and beige heartwood.
- Red Oak floorboards have deep, salmon tones and come in exceptional widths and lengths.
- Walnut floors feature rich chocolate hues with surprising auburn undertones and complex grain patterns.
- White Maple wood flooring delivers strikingly beautiful grain patterns along with clean and lighter hues for a more neutral finish.
- White Oak floors have dramatic grain patterns that range from simple and sleek lines to vibrant swirls.
- Rift & Quartersawn Oak flooring is cut with special techniques that produce straighter parallel lines in the grain. Quartered Oak is cut at a 60 to 90° angle to the growth rings, while riftsawn
- Oak is cut at a strict 90° angle to the center of the tree.
Eastern White Pine features smooth grain with beautiful knots and can be finished in a wide variety of ways.
- Heart Pine has rich colors that range from amber and pumpkin to darker hues.
- Hit or Miss Pine adds saw marks to new boards to recreate the look of boards cut with early milling techniques.
- Reclaimed wood flooring includes Reclaimed Oak, Heart Pine and Chestnut floors as well as several more rustic finishes.
Why Carlisle is your best source for prefinished Oak flooring.
You won’t find a better source for prefinished Oak flooring then the wide plank floors available from Carlisle. Our prefinished floors are unlike anything else in the industry. A three-coat process delivers up to three times the durability of finishes that are applied on site. Every inch of your new wide plank floor is meticulously sanded before the stain and sealer is applied under the most ideal conditions. In an industry-unique process, we add a final coat of urethane to all four sides of the board, hiding seasonal gapping and creating a more moisture-resistant floor. Carlisle prefinished Oak flooring is available in widths up to 12″ wide – more than twice as wide as most prefinished floors. When you want the ease of a floor that is ready to install with no mess, Carlisle prefinished Oak flooring delivers all the advantages with none of the drawbacks.