Talk with us today about your project. We make it easy to browse, design, select and plan for your new wide plank floors with your own personal Carlisle Wide Plank Specialist.
What are wide plank quality wood floors?
Wide plank quality wood floors are surfaces that use hardwood floorboards which are usually between 8″ and 20″ wide. The exceptional width of the boards allows the grain and personality of the wood to be more fully revealed, and the smaller number of seams between floorboards makes for a more spacious, less busy feel in the room.
What are the advantages of quality wood floors?
When compared to carpet, the other most common flooring surface, quality wood floors offer many advantages.
- It’s far easier to clean quality wood floors than carpet, as hardwood surfaces are more resistant to spills and stains.
- Hardwood floors will last for years, while carpet must be frequently replaced.
- Hardwood floors are more adaptable – they complement any decor and can be accented with throw rugs and runners.
- Quality wood floors provide no harbor for allergens, dander, pollen and other material that can reduce air quality.
- Hardwood floors make for a more acoustically pleasing room.
- While installation of carpet may be less costly initially, quality wood floors last longer and are more cost-effective over time.
Which type of quality wood floors are right for you?
At Carlisle, we offer quality wood floors in 10 hardwood varieties, 3 Pine styles and a variety of reclaimed flooring options.
- Ash is a highly dense hardwood with unique grain patterns and interesting hues.
- Birch floors have intriguing combinations of blonde outer edges and warm amber portions, with grain patterns that vary from subtle swirls to highly figured flames.
- Brown Maple floorboards are dense with clear hard flowing grain and rich hues of brown, gold and amber.
- Cherry hardwood flooring has lustrous dark red hues that provide a rich inviting warmth.
- Hickory is a highly durable and handsome wood that works equally well in everything from modern bungalows to rustic retreats.
- Red Oak offers tight, consistent grain and comes in exceptional widths and lengths.
- Rift & Quartersawn Oak flooring features boards cut with special techniques to produce straight parallel grain lines for a strikingly beautiful floor.
- Walnut has rich chocolate hues with surprising auburn undertones and complex grain patterns.
- White Maple flooring is dense with smooth, soft flowing grain that produces stunning floors.
- White Oak features durable floorboards with nutty brown hues and dramatic grain patterns.
- Eastern White Pine features smooth grain with beautiful knots and versatile finish capabilities.
- Heart Pine has a warm patina and rich colors that range from pumpkin and amber to darker, more modern hues.
- Hit or Miss Pine recreates the look of centuries-old floorboards with saw marks from early milling techniques.
- Reclaimed Oak, Heart Pine or Chestnut floors are made from boards that are salvaged from old buildings, farms and factories to produce distressed wood flooring for a one-of-a-kind antique look.
Why choose quality wood floors from Carlisle?
Since 1966, Carlisle has represented the very best in wide plank quality wood floors. We create extraordinary works of art for businesses, boutiques, restaurants, museums and exceptional homes throughout the world. Every Carlisle floor is truly a one-of-a-kind expression of the owner’s sense of style and beauty.
We handcraft quality wood floors in an extraordinary variety of woods, colors, textures and grades, providing unsurpassed service and expert assistance at every step. With Carlisle, the process of designing quality wood floors is truly a fun and exciting experience.
With a forest-to-floor ethic that helps us preserve natural resources, you can rest assured that our commitment to our craft and to sustainable forestry enables us to create custom quality wood floors that will grace your home or business for years to come.