Talk with us today about your project. We make it easy to browse, design, select and plan for your new wide plank floors with your own personal Carlisle Wide Plank Specialist.
What are the benefits of solid hardwood flooring over carpet?
The advantages of hardwood floors include:
- Easier to clean. Hardwood floors are more resistant to spills, stains and wear and can be cleaned more easily than carpet.
- Longer-lasting. Solid hardwood flooring is designed to last many years, while carpet must be replaced far more frequently.
- Adaptable to any decor. Hardwood floors can be stained and customized to meet the needs of any interior design scheme.
- Improved air quality. Solid hardwood flooring provides no hiding places for allergens, pollen, dander and other matters that can reduce air quality.
- Better acoustics. Hardwood floors provide a more acoustically live and pleasing environment.
- Cost-effective. Installing solid hardwood flooring may initially be more expensive than installing carpet, but hardwood floors will last much longer, making them a more cost-effective choice over time.
What is wide plank solid hardwood flooring?
Wide plank floors are a type of solid hardwood flooring using floorboards that are much wider than standard commercial planks. Wide plank floors like those from Carlisle may be as much as 20″ wide and up to 16″ long. The contrast between standard commercial flooring is dramatic. Most commercial floors use boards that are no more than 3″ in width and 4′ in length, resulting in a floor that has a much busier and more cluttered feel. Wide plank floors, on the other hand, enable the grain and personality of the wood to be more fully revealed, and provide a sense of luxury and expansiveness that makes the room seem larger.
Carlisle: a global leader in solid hardwood flooring.
Carlisle has provided leadership, tradition and innovation in solid hardwood flooring for more than 50 years. Our New England craftsman are true artisans with a love and feel for fine wood. Our expertise, pride and passion for creating one-of-a-kind masterpieces ensures that your Carlisle solid hardwood flooring will exceed your expectations and amaze and delight you for years to come. Our forest-to-floor ethic and our commitment to sustainable forestry practices enables us to preserve natural resources while producing the most beautiful and exquisite solid hardwood flooring available today. And our legendary commitment to customer service means that our team will be there every step of the way to answer your questions, offer expert guidance and ensure that the process of creating your solid hardwood flooring is as pleasurable as living on it.