Talk with us today about your project. We make it easy to browse, design, select and plan for your new wide plank floors with your own personal Carlisle Wide Plank Specialist.
Customizing your unfinished flooring
In addition to selecting the type of wood you want for your unfinished flooring, you also have a choice of:
- Grade. Carlisle offers several proprietary grades that determine how much of the organic character of the wood is revealed in each floorboard. Our Original Grade has more knots and color variation, while our Heirloom Grade features less variation for a more formal look. Our
- Signature Grade offers a nice balance of both Heirloom and Original floorboards.
- Width. Depending on the variety of wood, you may be able to get planks up to 20″ wide. Keeping the widths consistent will produce a uniform look, while using a mix of widths adds more visual interest.
- Texture. Carlisle craftsmen offer a number of methods for distressing your unfinished flooring to create the appearance of wood that has been lived on and walked on for several lifetimes.
- Color. Carlisle offers a virtual unlimited assortment of colors for staining unfinished flooring.
Pattern. Installing your unfinished flooring with a Chevron, Herringbone or custom parquet pattern adds additional visual interest and elegance to a room.