Options for customizing Carlisle unfinished White Oak flooring.
One of the greatest benefits of choosing unfinished White Oak flooring from Carlisle is the wide range of ways it can be customized to suit the needs of any design scheme. Carlisle unfinished White Oak flooring provides options for customization in:
• The way the timber is cut. The most common method for cutting unfinished White Oak flooring is plainsawn, which produces grain patterns that may range from simple and sleek to intricate, vibrant swirls. Another option is quartersawn White Oak, where each quarter of the timber is cut at a 90° angle from its adjacent quarter to produce straighter and tighter grain patterns. Rift sawn White Oak offers the most consistent grain patterns, with each board cut at an angle that is in line with the center of the wood.
• The color of the stain. Unfinished White Oak flooring is a fairly porous wood that takes stain well. At Carlisle, we offer a virtually unlimited range of options for stains and hues.
• The grade of the cut. Carlisle has developed proprietary grades to help our clients find the style that is perfect for their installation. Our Original Grade offers more variation in color, grain at knots. Our Heirloom Grade offers a more luxurious and refined look. And our Signature Grade combines the characteristics of Original and Heirloom in a perfect balance.
• The structure of the boards. Unfinished White Oak flooring from Carlisle comes in both solid and engineered versions. Solid hardwood uses boards that are a single piece of wood, while engineered flooring is made of multiple layers or “plies” that will help minimize expansion and contraction through a moderate range of humidity.
• The texture of the wood. Unfinished White Oak flooring can be treated with a variety of techniques to give a new floor the look of a century-old surface. Techniques like Watermill, Timeworn, Hand-Scraped Edges and Hit or Miss marks give a floor an antique look and a lived-in feel. Additionally, customers may opt for reclaimed Oak flooring that has been salvaged from old houses, factories and barns. In addition to unfinished White Oak flooring, Carlisle also provides options in prefinished White Oak flooring that help make installation faster and easier.